What are cookies and How do we use them on the Ritual Incense Website?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to a user’s electronic device when accessing certain websites in order to store and retrieve information regarding the websites that are visited from said device.
You can read more about cookies on Wikipedia: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_(informática).
What types of Cookies does the Ritual Incense website use?
Cookies can be divided into session cookies or persistent cookies, according to their permanence. Session cookies expire when the User closes their browser. Persistent cookies expire when the purpose they serve has been met (e.g. so the User can continue to be identified on the website and services) or when they are deleted manually.
Additionally, cookies can be classified as follows, according to their purpose:
Technical cookies: Technical cookies are own and temporary cookies that, in this specific case, allow the browser to remember certain aspects of a user’s visit to the website, such as the language used, or the visibility of the cookies bar, depending on whether the User accepted the conditions or not.
Registration cookies: Registration cookies are generated once the User is registered on the website and, subsequently, when they open a new session, they are used to identify the User on the website and services with the following objectives:
- To keep the User identified so that, if they close a service or website on their browser or computer and, later try to access the service or website again, they will still be identified, thus facilitating their browsing, without them having to identify themselves again. This feature is nullified if the User selects the “Logout” function, thereby deleting this cookie. The next time the User enters the service they will have to login to be identified.
- To verify whether the User is authorised to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
Analytical cookies: Each time the User visits a Website or Service, a tool from an external provider (like Google Analytics) generates an temporary analytical cookie, which may be an own or third-party cookie, on the User’s device. This cookie is only generated upon the visit, functioning to help Ritual Incense to anonymously identify the visitor in future visits. The main objectives are:
- To enable the anonymous identification of users through “cookies” (by identifying browsers and devices, not people) and, therefore, provide an approximate calculation of the number of visitors and their browsing trends over time.
- To anonymously identify the most visited content and, therefore, that which is most attractive to users.
- To determine whether the User is a new or repeat visitor.
Important: Unless the User decides to register on the Ritual Incense website, the cookie will never be linked to any personal data that may identify them. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes to help optimise the User experience on the website.
Other Google cookies: Google uses other third-party cookies to enable modules like Google Maps and, eventually, Google Calendar to function.
You can find all the relevant information about Google cookies, analytical and otherwise, as well as their administration and configuration, through the following links:
How to disable Cookies in your browser?
Most browsers now allow the User to configure whether or not they wish to accept cookies and which ones they wish to accept. These settings are normally found in the “Options” or “Preferences” menu in your browser.
Here are the instructions for configuring cookies in the major browsers:
- Google Chrome: Settings -> Advanced -> Privacy and Security -> Content Settings. For more information, please consult Google Support or the browser’s “Help” page.
- Mozilla Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, please consult Mozilla Support or the browser’s “Help” page.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, please consult Microsoft Support or the browser’s “Help” page.
- Apple Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, please consult Apple Support or the browser’s “Help” page.
If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the website may not function correctly.
Ritual Incense cookies may be updated, so we advise you to review our policy periodically.